Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The redman has landed

Well after 2 episodes of how i met your mother, 3 episodes of the pacific, one episode of the simpsons, the book of Eli and Sherlock homes I made it here. After 26 hours of travel I made it here 1/2 alive.

I certainly wont be making that kind of trip again anytime soon. I was hoping to update in Frankfurt but it seems the airport was unable to internet. The flights were grand, I always loved flying anyway so there was no problems for me.

The best part of the flight was when we were circling around to land at Singapore. I have never seen such menacing clouds in all my life. We banked right through them and when we came out the other side i saw something that took my breath away. Giant pillars of pure white cloud. It was like something you would see in a space telescope. They were so beautiful, I could imagine god sitting between them looking down on earth. What was even more awing was perth at night. The lights were amazing.

Got the worst taxi ever last night. Barely spoke english and diddnt know where he was going. In the end I got out of the taxi and used my beloved Iphone to navigate to my hostel.....which was closed. After a minute of colorful swearing i started my way back towards where i had seen other hostels. Met some people coming out of a bar and they were friendly enough to tell me about local hostels and one of them even gave me a lift to where i ended up staying. The people need more people like that. Heading back to that pub for dinner tonight and to say thanks again.

Right Im off to find a bank and a phone. Il be writing again later in the week.

Redman out

2 comments:

  1. Bumpy start but I bet your still lovin it

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you made it there in one piece!

    Started uploading the pictures. It'll take a while for them all, and I've yet to tag any of them. Hopefully get to see some pics of you soon man!

    ReplyDelete