Thursday, June 3, 2010

Perth at night

Howdy folks, been a mad few days so far. Just been chilling at the hostel and taking in the local sites. Made some friends at the hostel Im staying in http://www.shiralee.com.au/

Two English guys, a Finnish girl, a french girl, a German guy and his Japanese girlfriend. We all went out last night(yes on a Wednesday) to a club, no idea what the name was. I was reminded again how much i dont like dance music and drunk people in large groups. I may sound like on old man but clubbing is no way to meet new people. Anyone i did try to talk to was either drunk or couldn't hear what I was saying. Think Il go looking for a band playing tonight.

I cant get over how nice Perth smells, yes thats right smells. Its like summer at home mixed with a sauna. Its so relaxing here. Heading out to see if I can find a beach or two today. I really have to start to look for work properly tho its not cheap here but shopping around pays off.

Im going to finish off with a plug for a place I went to the other night

http://www.themoon.com.au/

The people here are soo freaking friendly (and good looking *winks*) the food was good and the all round atmosphere was great. Think il go back there on my way home today for a pint and a chat.

Redman out

oh and I booked a surfing trip for next weekend. WHOOP

3 comments:

  1. Good to see your finding your way round.
    Keep up them "international relations" if ya know what I mean
    your the holycross ambassador to aus

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you get a Hep B shot before you left????

    ReplyDelete