Sunday, August 22, 2010

New Views

Since coming back to Perth things have been quiet. Just been taking it easy. I just spent a great week with Duxxa and her family again.
They have been so good to me. I may have said this before but the world would be a better place if there were more people like Duxxa and her kin in the world.

Im finally in Melbourne. First impressions, awesome. I had a late flight so I had the privilege of seeing he sun rise just as I came into land. Really rich colours. It started off as a pale blue but orange spread up through it and when the sun burst up from the edges there was brilliant red and the whole city was bathed in the light. I had heard that Melbourne is a moving, living city but I think I saw the center at a very rare time. It was empty. A little spooky actually. There were only a few people jogging and the odd punter wobbling home. It was nice to be able to walk down the big streets without having to dodge people and when your carrying a 14 kilo bag, a 3 kilo rucksack and a guitar your hard not to bump into so you could say I was delighted to have the streets to myself.

After 2 hours sleep it was like the city transformed, people everywhere, trams all over the place, shops that looked haunted and empty 2 hours before were riddled with the oh so hopeful bargain hunters. it was like a different city. Only explored a small bit and met a friend for lunch. Il do some more exploring tomorrow but I am shattered. I also have 2 job interviews so I dare to hope that will have a job by the end of the week.

More soon.
Redman out

No comments:

Post a Comment